Exercise for women over 30
Unfortunately, your metabolism slows down and you lose muscle mass as you get older. What does this mean for women over 40 who aren’t as active as they used to be? Possible weight gain and an increase in body fat. For example, body fat tends to accumulate in the abdomen in the elderly. Additional research has linked excess body fat to a number of health issues including Type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Best exercise routines for women
Cardiovascular exercise can speed up your metabolism and help you burn body fat. How much cardio do you need? CDC representatives suggest that adults need at least 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (i.e., brisk walking) every week. They also recommend this amount of physical activity for adults who are 65 years of age or older.
Exercise motivation for women
Finding the motivation to workout doesn’t have to be difficult, but it can be for some people. However, you don’t have to join a gym or even leave the house if you don’t want to or can’t and still improve your quality of life by exercising. For example, inspiration can be found via weight loss journey stories and inspirational messages that you can read about or watch online.
Exercise newbies can find inspiration and support by watching vloggers who share their journey online. There are also a number of fitness routines that were created specifically for mature adults that you can watch for free online.
How to make time to exercise
What if you’re motivated, but you’re also busy? How do you squeeze in some “me” time in an already hectic schedule? Here’s how some women do it:
- Get up a little earlier and get in a quick workout before you start your day.
- Go for a short walk during your lunch break after you eat instead of using the whole hour going out to eat or eating at your desk.
- Work out while you work. Buy some hand weights or resistance bands and do some reps during your downtime at work.
- Workout while you watch your favorite shows by hitting the treadmill or doing a little yoga.
- If you’re a busy mom, you can use a jogging stroller to get in some cardio while you’re out and about with your kids.
In addition to helping you stay physically fit, studies show that mental health is directly linked to our physical health.
Popular exercise groups
Are you more of a “group” person when it comes to activities? If so, you’re not alone. Several popular exercise trends are currently sweeping the country.
Want to find out what’s popular in your neck of the woods? Click https://www.redfin.com/blog/2018/01/popular-fitness-trends-by-state.html
Choosing the right exercise app for you can be overwhelming and time consuming, especially if you’re new to apps, because there are so many of them. To help streamline the process for you, here are four of the most popular exercise apps for Apple and other android users.
Best apps to track exercise:
- HeavySet - Best Workout Log App (iOS) is a great app if you like lots of stats to keep you on track.
- Jefit (iOS, Android, Web) should be a favorite among those of you who like to mix up your routines.
- GymBook (iOS) offers users more than 50 exercises to choose from and helps prevent workout related injuries by showing you which parts of your body are vulnerable.
- Simple Workout Log (Android) is awesome if you don’t like a lot of bells and whistles when it comes to apps.
Incorporate Better Eating
Maintaining a clean diet or practicing conscientious eating can be difficult if you have a limited budget and easy access to inexpensive “super-size me” meals. However, it can be done. In fact, small changes can make a big difference to your health and you can really feel it.
Eating well as a Mom
Being a mom is a fulltime job with no holidays. Being a healthy mom is imperative because your health and your family are two of your most precious assets. So exactly how do you go about eating better while being a mom?
Here are some tips from a busy Mom:
- Buy food in bulk, especially “staple food items,” if possible. In addition to being budget friendly, this will also help you overcome the urge to eat fattening fast food when you’re hungry.
- Schedule cooking time. Turn cooking into a family project, if your kids are old enough, so you won’t feel overwhelmed. By cooking several meals at once and storing them in a way that makes them easily accessible to you and your family, you will have more free time later.
- Try some new low-calorie recipes and “meatless” days. This will keep you from getting bored and help you add more grains and veggies to your diet.
If you’re looking for ideas to help you eat better and can’t find any, here are a few tips:
- Eggplant! It’s a low-calorie food that’s loaded with antioxidants, fiber and essential minerals. A quick web search will provide you with a number of eggplant bacon recipes.
- Replace the oil in your cooking with coconut oil or nut seed oil
Looking for an actual diet plan instead of just tweaking dishes? If so, one or more of the following popular diets, courtesy of time.com, may be just right for you.
- Phentermine 37.5 is the fastest working, healthy diet supplement on the market. A prescription is needed to get phentermine, but it is worth it.
- The DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet is an oldie but goodie that health experts like because it was designed to help people lower their high blood pressure. What can you eat? Heart-healthy foods such as produce and muscle and bone building foods.
- The Mediterranean Diet is well liked because it’s not as restrictive as some diets. Another perk: It reduces the risk of cancer and alzheimer's.
- Weight Watchers is a good choice if you like group support and need an easy way to keep track of what you eat when you’re at home and when you’re out with family and friends.
How to incorporate better eating
As mentioned earlier, you can improve your overall quality of life by making minor changes to your eating habits. For example, try to make half your plate fruits or veggies vegetables, switch the grains to whole grains, and switch to fat-free milk.
Studies also suggest trying things like using smaller plates to control portion sizes and pack light, healthy lunches. These small changes can help you maintain your health and reach weight loss and fitness goals you may have set for yourself.
Start eating healthy today
You don’t have to make a big deal out of changing your diet. In fact, no one even has to know, unless you want them to know. You don’t have to make big changes right away, either. Start small.
How To Get The Ball Rolling:
- Cut back on desserts. Having some cake on special occasions is fine, however, using them as an excuse to overeat is not. Instead of ordering a slice of apple pie when you’re out with family and friends or coworkers, get fruit salad instead. It has fewer calories, and you still get to have apples.
- Don’t get stuck in tradition. Large serving plates passing around the table create a sense of peer pressure. Yes, mom’s spaghetti, pot roast, etc., are delicious. However, you don’t have to prove how much you love her cooking by going back for more than one serving.
- Take your time. When you’re on the go most of the day, it can be easy to scarf down a meal rather than taking your time and enjoying every bite. Not only can eating quickly cause indigestion, but it can also make you eat more, which can lead to weight gain. To avoid this, try to give yourself 20-30 minutes to eat.
Mindset for Weight Loss Success
Getting in the right frame of mind to lose weight can be difficult, especially if you have tried and failed to lose weight and keep it off in the past.
Negative self-talk has a lot to do with why sustaining weight loss is difficult for some people: when we are struggling with weight loss it is a lot easier to stay on the right track if you are in the right state of mind.
So how do you get rid of the “I won’t be able to do this!” and “I just can’t do that!” attitude that’s keeping you from reaching your weight loss goals? Start by telling yourself things like “I can and I will do one sit-up” instead of beginning a workout session by imagining how difficult doing 30 of them might be for you.
Meditation for weight loss
If you are looking for something a little “spiritual” to help you lose weight, meditation may be perfect for you.
Exactly how does mindfulness training or meditation help people lose weight? Conscious eating helps us know our emotional desires thoroughly and helps with your mental mood.
Another great thing about meditation is that you can do it anywhere, anytime the mood strikes. Additionally, you don’t have to spend a great deal of time doing it. Just 5 minutes a day can help improve your health.
Forgive yourself for cheating on a diet
When you mess up on a diet, don’t let yourself fall into more bad habits because of it. Instead, try these out:
- Reframe the situation. Think about what triggered the urge to overeat so you will be better able to avoid slip-ups in the future.
- Do the opposite. Instead of wallowing in self-pity and shame, try talking about what happened with family and friends. If you prefer anonymity, try an online weight loss support group.
- Sit with it. Don’t be afraid of the feelings that your moment of weakness provoked. Acknowledge them without allowing yourself to be consumed by them.
- Turn it off. Tell your inner critic to shut up and take some deep breaths to clear your mind of any negative imagery you may have connected to the moment you cheated on your diet.
- Focus on the positive. This is self-explanatory, but it’s worth mentioning that you should applaud yourself for taking the first steps toward eating better rather than only focusing on when you revered to old eating habits.
Hacks to lose weight over 40
As mentioned earlier, you can expect your metabolism to slow down as you get older. It may not seem fair. However, it’s a part of aging, and there are lots of tricks or hacks you can use to avoid putting on extra weight after 40.
- Accept the fact that you may have to eat less, especially if you’re not as active as you used to be. Try eating smaller portions and adding more fiber and low calorie fruit and vegetables to your diet.
- Set realistic weight loss goals. Remember, your metabolism is slower than it used to be. As a result, losing five pounds a week, for example, with little effort may not be feasible anymore.
- Start exercising. Watching what you eat is great. Unfortunately, it’s often not enough to keep the extra pounds at bay as you get older, especially if you’re not very active.
Hacks to lose weight for older people
As you can see, the aforementioned weight loss hacks for older adults can be relatively painless in terms of effort. You can use one or all of them to reach your weight loss goals.
Weight loss groups for women over 40
It could be argued that moral support can make most endeavors easier. Considering how difficult losing weight can be for some people, it should come as no surprise that studies have shown that social support could be an effective method for attaining weight loss for many people.
Where can you find the right group? You can spend a few minutes researching online weight loss forums for mature women or you might learn about the perfect group via word of mouth. Good news travels fast!
Tracking your progress
No matter how much you work out and count calories, your weight will fluctuate throughout the day and during your “special” time of the month. Salty and sweet foods and alcohol can be culprits, but more than likely it is just water weight.
Although some people are against the practice, weighing yourself at the same time every day is one way to track your progress. Journaling and weight loss apps can also help you track your progress.
Weight loss in women vs. men
It may not seem fair, but men generally tend to lose weight faster than women. Why? Studies have shown that women have more body fat than men, so men usually have less fat to lose. Having less body fat than women coupled with a larger reserve of testosterone causes men, on average, to burn more calories than women, regardless of their activity level.
Moms weight loss hacks
Have you ever wondered how some moms manage to handle their round-the-clock mom duties and find time to keep themselves in shape at the same time? If so, some moms and health experts offer the following advice:
- Eat “healthy” low-calorie snacks throughout the day. This will help you fight the urge to binge eat, and it will also help stabilize your blood glucose levels.
- Be willing to exercise in unusual spots. Do some stretches and squats while you’re waiting in line at the grocery store or while you’re preparing a meal at home.
- Allow yourself to have a “cheat” day if you want. For example, a piece of cake once a week won’t derail your diet. Plus, you’re less likely to feel deprived if you know you’re still allowed to eat some of your favorite foods within moderation.
Losing weight on a busy schedule
When it comes to weight loss, little things add up and can make your lifestyle change easier. For example, you can squeeze in some cardio by parking farther away from your office, favorite grocery store, etc., and get in a few minutes of walking that way.
Also, if you spend a lot of time sitting at work, five-minute walks are a great way to increase your blood flow.
Weight loss for the family
Studies have shown that children have the most success losing weight when a family approach is taken. However, it could be argued that making weight loss a family affair can be beneficial to everyone.
By working as a team, you can help each other change your attitude toward food and make a commitment to improving your quality of life by eating healthier and exercising regularly.
Ask your doctor try phentermine
If you are not familiar with Phentermine, the following information will answer some basic questions.
What is Phentermine and why do doctors recommend it?
Phentermine works by stimulating your central nervous system, which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite. In other words, the ingredients in Phentermine it tell your brain that you’re not hungry and give you more energy. This can be extremely helpful for individuals who have issues with portion control and people who may eat due to boredom as opposed to eating because they are actually hungry.
Just about anything you want is never more than a mouse click away these days, thanks to the Internet. Unfortunately, the Internet also enables unscrupulous people to sell illegal and counterfeit products online, which can be annoying if you’re looking for legitimate Phentermine.
How can you avoid this? Talk to Dr. James Kojian to learn how to buy Phentermine online. You can also find additional information about purchasing Phentermine here: https://drtohelp.com/pages/ordering